Friday, June 15, 2012

New Triumph Inspiration

Been thinking about the next phase of my Triumph for a while now. I know I don't want to go full on chop but I need to do something. I've been digging cafes and brats lately and think I have an idea to combine the two. The guys over at Garage Company build some awesome bikes and have done a few cafes that look pretty sweet. Slammed them with rigid struts, cut off the rear frame, built cafe tails and seat pans as well as chopping the tanks and adding smaller headlights and clip-ons. 

My deal is that I still want to retain the ability to throw a passenger on. Think I'll use their idea of slamming the bike but I'll build a brat style seat with a possible removable tail section. Will add a different headlight, clip-ons and leave the tank stock. Should be pretty sick. 

Here's my inspiration. 






1 comment:

  1. Man, I'm digging it. From an amateur who doesn't know what he is seeing, the down-turned handlebars, extreme minimalism... and the horrible "butt-hurt" seat, it is amazing. It is like art that moves people around instead of just looking at something. I really think some day I want to get into cycles for a lot of reasons. I love the idea of taking something with low cost and creating something of high value.

    Engines are amazing.

    ReplyDelete